Professional Practice IIIA (OCCP3061)
UNIT OF STUDY
To become a competent occupational therapy practitioner, students need to be able to integrate theory and practice in context and become skilled in assessment, intervention and evaluation processes. Continuing a focus on professional development in context, students will participate in a seven-week, supervised full time experience within a professional service setting.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Placement briefing and debriefing
Assessment of competence using Student Practice Evaluation Form-Revised (SPEF-R) Pass/Fail
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
OCCP1096 and OCCP1097 and OCCP1098 and OCCP1099 and OCCP2084 and OCCP2085 and OCCP2086 and OCCP2087 and OCCP2088 and BIOS1168
Students must complete jursidictional and statutory obligations prior to all professional practice placements. These include holding up to date required vaccinations, Criminal Records Check, Working with Children Check, and Australian cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate. Students who do not meet all prerequisites to enrol in this unit of study should seek academic advice from the Course Director. Special Permission to enrol may be considered, on a case-by-case basis.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.