Key Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS6911)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to the interdisciplinary field of Peace and Conflict Studies and the history, philosophy and politics of peace. Students will gain an understanding of the nature and causes of violence, the potential of nonviolence and the means of achieving peace with justice in different conflict settings.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Law and International Development
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x2hr seminar/week or equivalent online or intensive
Seminar participation (10%) and 2500wd personal learning journal (30%) and 3500wd Essay (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.