Key Issues in Peace and Conflict Studies (PACS6911)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to theories of peace, conflict and violence and the interdisciplinary character of peace and conflict studies. Students will gain an understanding of the nature of social conflict, causes of violence and the meanings of peace, as well as the means of achieving peace with justice in different conflict settings.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Law and International Development
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Political Economy
Further unit of study information
1x2hr seminar/week or equivalent online
Seminar participation (10%) and 2500wd personal learning journal (30%) and 3500wd Essay (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.