Conflict in Organisations (PACS6913)
UNIT OF STUDY
People spend a large part of their lives dealing with organisations. Organisations require close proximity and communication between people, often under pressure. This unit analyses organisations and diagnoses dysfunctional practices. It explores conflict/consensus theories and organisational politics. Culture and the relevance of peace with justice in the workplace are explored, and theory and skills that lead toward satisfying outcomes are examined and practiced. Students will learn to apply tools to resolve conflict in the workplace and achieve peace with justice.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
Intensive delivery over 6 days
Seminar participation (10%), 1xClass presentation equivalent to 500wds (15%), 1x1200wd paper (25%), 1x3000wd final paper (50%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.