Peaceful Conflict Transformation (PACS6922)
UNIT OF STUDY
A critical introduction to the TRANSCEND method of analysing conflicts and identifying means for peaceful transformation, also known as Diagnosis-Prognosis Therapy. The application of these principles is considered: to micro-conflicts, within and between individuals; meso-conflicts, within societies; macro-conflicts, among states and nations; and mega-conflicts, among regions and civilizations. There will be an examination of 'deep culture' and 'deep structure' the underlying dynamics which predispose societies, states, nations and regions to particular forms of response to conflict issues.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
3hrs online intensive/week
Continuous assessment equivalent to 2000wds (60%), 1x2500wd Essay (40%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.