Peace and the Global Compact (PACS6925)
UNIT OF STUDY
An in depth critical exploration of the context, concept and development of the Global Compact, with an examination of the theoretical underpinnings of the notion of corporate social responsibility and the role business can play and should play in pursuit of peace and justice. Human rights principles, labour rights principles and environmental principles: where do they come from and how can they be applied in different situations? The role of business in zones of conflict and enabling economies of peace is considered in light of current case studies and experience.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
3hrs online equivalent/week commencing week 7
Continuous assessment equivalent to 2000wds (60%), 1x2500wd Essay (40%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.