Community Mediation: Theory and Practice (PACS6928)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study will focus on the theory and practical application of facilitation, communication and conflict resolution skills in a community mediation context. Students will learn about various models of community mediation and will become skilled in the stages of community mediation through role-plays and simulation exercises. Successful completion of this unit of study will equip students for possible accreditation as a community mediator in Australia, as well as providing students with transferable skills and knowledge about mediation.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
5-day intensive seminar
Seminar participation/role equivalent to 500wd (25%), 1x1250wd Reflective journal (25%), 1x3000wd Essay (50%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.