Pain Conditions (PAIN5004)
UNIT OF STUDY
The unit provides an introduction to a range of pain conditions. Participants are encouraged to integrate and apply previous learning to specific pain problems, acute, chronic and cancer pain. Recent advances in pain relief techniques are introduced and specific issues in the management of pain in children and older people are considered.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- Graduate Certificate in Pain Management
- Graduate Diploma in Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- Graduate Diploma in Pain Management
- Master of Medicine (Advanced) (Critical Care Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Critical Care Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Pain Management)
- Master of Physiotherapy
- Master of Science in Medicine (Pain Management)
Further unit of study information
Online, intensive mode, approximately 20 hours of study per week (equals 140 hours in total)
participation in online discussion (20%), 4000-5000 word written assignment/s or equivalent (80%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.