Conducting 1 (PERF3000)
UNIT OF STUDY
Consolidation of stick and rehearsal techniques with emphasis on gesture and its expression in accordance with the score. Study of styles and interpretation of classical and romantic composers based on scores, recordings and the performance of works in class.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
1.5 hr lecture/prac workshop/wk
Preparation/participation (25%), Continual progress (50%), Written assessment (25%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
To remain in the unit, students must pass an audition in the first week of class. Audition requirements: To demonstrate the beat patterns for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and prepare Divertimento in D; Movement 1 K.136 (Mozart) demonstrating basic cues and dynamics.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.