Conducting 2 (PERF3001)
UNIT OF STUDY
Further development of conducting techniques with emphasis on communication of ideas and expressions through gesture. Score preparation. Discussion of rehearsal techniques and practical exercises with available ensembles.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
1.5 hr lecture/ prac workshop/wk
Preparation/participation (25%), Continual progress (50%), Written assessment (25%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Note: Students must obtain the level of a credit or higher in Conducting 1 to gain admission and prepare the Haydn Variations (Brahms): theme, var.1 and var.3 for audition. Students with conducting experience, who have not taken Conducting 1, can audition for entry.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.