Physiotherapy Practicum A (PHTY3072)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study involves clinical placements in one of the following areas: rehabilitation, acute care, ambulatory/outpatients, community health and an elective unit such as paediatrics, private practice, burns or hand therapy. Students will be required to demonstrate competence in the specific clinical skills for each area as well as the generic skills and attributes of physiotherapy professionals. During practicum placements there will be opportunities for interprofessional learning. In addition, students will be responsible for individual and group training sessions such as strength and fitness programs. Physiotherapy Practicum A, B, C, D, E are all five week placements which require full attendance (37 hours per week) at clinical facilities. In addition, at least one of the placements will be in a rural or regional setting.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Assessment based on clinical performance, written material, communication skills, organisational skills and professionalism (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
PHTY2052 and PHTY2053 and PHTY2054 and PHTY2055 and PHTY2056 and PHTY2057 and PHTY3068 and PHTY3069 and PHTY3070 and PHTY3071
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.