Life Cycle Analysis (PHYS5034)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study will cover the areas of the philosophy, techniques, applications and standards of Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA). It will introduce Process Analysis, Input-Output Analysis and Hybrid Analysis. Current LCA tools will be discussed. Case studies and business applications as well as global standards such as the GHG Protocol for accounting for scopes 1, 2 and 3 emissions and ISO standards will provide a context. The unit of study will culminate with practical exercises using current software tools to provide students with hands-on experience of preparing a comprehensive Life-Cycle Assessment of an application of their choice. Students will also benefit from also enrolling in PHYS5033 for a sound understanding of input-output analysis as the basis of hybrid LCA methods.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Food and Agribusiness
- Graduate Certificate in Environmental Science
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Graduate Diploma in Agriculture and Environment
- Graduate Diploma in Architectural Science (Sustainable Design)
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability
- Master of Agriculture and Environment
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings) (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (Illumination Design) (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (Sustainable Design) (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Architectural Science (Sustainable Design) (High Performance Buildings)
- Master of Architectural Science (Sustainable Design) (Illumination Design)
- Master of Environmental Science
- Master of Environmental Science and Law
- Master of Sustainability
Further unit of study information
2.5-hour lecture interspersed with hands-on exercises per week
Essay and comprehensive diary/notes from lectures (100%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.