Project Leadership Thesis A (PMGT5860)
UNIT OF STUDY
Project Leadership Thesis A and B provide an opportunity for students to undertake a major project in a specialised area relevant to Project Leadership. Students will work individually to plan and write reports
Project Leadership Thesis can be spread over a whole year, in two successive Units of Study of 6 credits points each, Project Leadership Thesis A (PMGT5860) and Project Leadership Thesis B (PMGT5861). This particular unit of study, which must precede PMGT5861 Project Leadership Thesis B, should cover the first half of the work required for a complete thesis project. In particular, it should include almost all project planning, a major proportion of the necessary background research, and a significant proportion of the investigative or design work required of the project.
Project Management Leadership Thesis A and B is aimed at providing candidates with an opportunity to develop deeper understanding of issues related to different aspects of leadership in managing projects in complex setting. This is an independent study guided by regular academic supervision as well as feedback from industry experts or advisors who would be serving on thesis panel. Candidates would be required to bring real world problem from their current work environment and develop rigorous analysis of the problem by summarizing the existing literature and practices. Most of the work would comprise using case study, interpretative study and or action research as a methodological approach to investigate and analyse the phenomenon under investigation.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Master of Project Leadership
Further unit of study information
Project Work - own time 10 hrs; Meeting,
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
It is expected that the project will be conducted over two consecutive semesters although the two 6 credit point units PMGT5860 and PMGT5861 may be undertaken concurrently.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.