People and Leadership (PMGT5872)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is delivered in multiple modes. Please ensure that the correct mode is selected before checking the detailed content. The modes are categorised in the following way:
Semester 1 = weekly delivery
Semester 1a = online delivery
Semester 1f = block delivery
This is a core program unit with a focus on enhancing leadership and people management capability. It covers diverse traditional and innovative theories, models and tools. It complements traditional views based as PMBoK, applying diverse approaches to contemporary project environments. Many of the unit tasks are framed in uncertain and potentially ambiguous terms as is common in many project environments.
Topic areas covered:
o Project context
o Personal Competence
o Interpersonal Competence
o Team Competence
The unit references a range of Australian and global Project Management, Management and Consulting Standards. It integrates theory and practice to optimise results.
Recommended reading: A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide)
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Master of Project Management
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week. May also be offered online and/or in block mode.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.