Project Economics and Finance (PMGT5873)
UNIT OF STUDY
This course equips members of project management teams with information and tools to do financial appraisal and optimise decision making. It imparts basic knowledge and competencies required in project appraisal and financial management applicable to all sectors of industry and business. These include services, business investment, R&D, capital projects, local, state and national government departments and agencies.
- Review of the Fundamentals of Project Economics and Financial Techniques
- Implementation of Fundamental Principles including EUAC, NPV, IRR, B/C, Valuation, Depreciation, Replacement Studies and Life Cycle Costing
- Development of Project Alternatives and Application of the Analysis Techniques
- Sensitivity Analysis, Risk Analysis and Management
- Project Funding and Selection
- Project Appraisal Report
Further unit of study information
Lecture 10 hrs; Tutorial 4 hrs. May also be offered in block mode.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.