Project Economics and Finance (PMGT5873)
UNIT OF STUDY
This course equips members of project management teams with information and tools to do financial appraisal and optimise decision making. It imparts basic knowledge and competencies required in project appraisal and financial management applicable to all sectors of industry and business. These include services, business investment, R&D, capital projects, local, state and national government departments and agencies.
- Review of the Fundamentals of Project Economics and Financial Techniques
- Implementation of Fundamental Principles including EUAC, NPV, IRR, B/C, Valuation, Depreciation, Replacement Studies and Life Cycle Costing
- Development of Project Alternatives and Application of the Analysis Techniques
- Sensitivity Analysis, Risk Analysis and Management
- Project Funding and Selection
- Project Appraisal Report
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
Lecture 10 hrs; Tutorial 4 hrs. May also be offered in block mode.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Grant, Ireson and Leavenworth/Principles of Engineering Economy/Latest//
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.