Project Innovation Management (PMGT5875)
UNIT OF STUDY
This course focus on the impact of innovation into the project management practice. Important trends in innovation in project organisation, management and delivery are identified and their implications for project management explored. Major topics include: trends, such as ``open source``model rather than protected intellectual property innovation structure; impact of the open innovation structure on organisational project management; improved understanding of the client requirements and achievement of quality goals through tools and methodologies based on an user driven approach; distribution of innovation over many independent but collaborating actors; and the importance of diverse thinking toolkits(for example: design thinking, systems thinking, integrative thinking, and hybrid thinking) that empower users to innovate for themselves.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management (Honours)
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Project Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Project Leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Project Leadership
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
Lecture 10 hrs; Tutorial 4 hrs. May also be offered in block mode.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.