Project Management Thesis A (PMGT5883)
UNIT OF STUDY
Project Management Thesis A and B provide an opportunity for students to undertake a major project in a specialised area relevant to Project Management. Students will work individually to plan and write reports
Project Management Thesis can be spread over a whole year, in two successive Units of Study of 6 credits points each, Project Management Thesis A (PMGT5883) and Project Management Thesis B (PMGT5884). This particular unit of study, which must precede PMGT5884 Project Management Thesis B, should cover the first half of the work required for a complete thesis project. In particular, it should include almost all project planning, a major proportion of the necessary background research, and a significant proportion of the investigative or design work required of the project.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Master of Project Management
Further unit of study information
Project Work - own time 10 hrs; Meeting,
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
It is expected that the project will be conducted over two consecutive semesters although the two 6 credit point units PMGT5883 and PMGT5884 may be undertaken concurrently. Students must have a 75% average WAM and approval from the Program Director to be eligible to enrol in this unit. . Students considering this option should discuss it with the Thesis coordinator at least one semester before they intend to start.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.