Complex Project Leadership (PMGT5898)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will offer students an innovative way of looking at projects and treating them as complex adaptive systems. Applying the principles of systems thinking will assist project managers and leadership teams in formulating approaches to management and leadership of challenging and large-scale initiatives. The expected outcomes of this unit include: Exploring how systems thinking and complexity theories can be used to find new, creative ways to think about and manage projects; Diagnose complexity on a wide range of projects; Understand and manage the complexity of the business problem and use a range of systems thinking approaches and management modelling techniques to determine the most effective approach to managing all aspects of a project based on the level of complexity involved.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Project Leadership
- Graduate Diploma in Project Leadership
- Master of Project Leadership
- Master of Project Management
Further unit of study information
Lecture/tutorial 8 hrs; Tutorial 4 hrs. May also be offered online.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.