Alcohol, Drug Use and Health (PUBH5115)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit aims to assist students in developing an evidence-based understanding of the epidemiology of alcohol and drug use and its impact on health, and the effectiveness of methods for the prevention and management of related problems.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Diploma in International Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Qualitative Health Research
- Master of Indigenous Health (Substance Use)
- Master of International Public Health
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health (Chronic Disease Prevention)
- Master of Public Health (Professional Practice)
- Master of Qualitative Health Research
Further unit of study information
7 weeks of 2hr teaching sessions and associated online activities. The teaching sessions are a combination of face-to-face and online seminars. Students unable to attend face to face sessions can do the entire course online.
1x 1500 word assignment (60%); compulsory online discussion participation (30%); online quizzes (10%)
Readings are available on the unit's eLearning site.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.Find a non-award course for this unit of study
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.Find a cross-institutional course for this unit of study