Advanced Epidemiology (PUBH5224)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study is intended for students who have completed Epidemiology Methods and Uses (or an equivalent unit of study) at a credit or higher level. It is designed to provide students with an opportunity to consolidate critical appraisal skills, to acquire the practical knowledge and skills needed to design epidemiological research, and to extend students' practical and theoretical knowledge of epidemiology beyond basic principles.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Clinical Epidemiology
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Epidemiology
- Graduate Diploma in Health Technology Innovation
- Graduate Diploma in Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health
- Master of Health Technology Innovation
- Master of International Public Health
- Master of Medicine (Advanced) (Internal Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Clinical Epidemiology)
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine)
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Public Health (Professional Practice)
- Master of Science in Medicine (Clinical Epidemiology)
Further unit of study information
Weekly classes (combined lectures and tutorials) for 13 weeks.
1x 1500 word assignment or equivalent class presentation (30%); 1x 4000 word assignment (or equivalent answers to specific methodological questions) (70%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
PUBH5018 and (PUBH5010 or CEPI5100)
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.