Citizenship Rights and Social Movements (SCLG6901)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will provide an analysis of theories and practices of citizenship rights in Australia, other Anglophone countries and European countries in the 20th and 21st centuries. It will examine the relationships between different modes of citizenship, claims for rights and the formation of social movements with regard to the women's movement, Indigenous movements (where applicable) and movements concerned with migration, ethnic diversity and multiculturalism. Analyses will focus on the processes, content and outcomes of social movement advocacy.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Human Rights
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Policy Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Master of Administrative Law and Policy
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Policy Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
Further unit of study information
1500wd reading journal (30%) and 2500wd research essay (50%) and 1000wd equivalent oral presentation (20%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
This unit is delivered at the University of Sydney.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.