Doing Social Research (SCLG6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study provides a comprehensive lecture program that covers the research process, from the selection of a topic through to data analysis and the interpretation of results. Students will engage in debates about the philosophical basis of social research, and will undertake exercises designed to enhance their skills in conducting research. For the primary assessment, students will select a topic and develop a research proposal, suitable for submission to a funding agency, or for a Masters or PhD thesis.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in China Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in China Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of China Studies
- Master of Crosscultural Communication
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Museum and Heritage Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd paper (25%), 1x1500wd Oral Presentation (25%), 1x3000wd Research proposal (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.