Working with Communities (SCWK6910)
UNIT OF STUDY
Working with communities is a key policy and practice priority for government and non-government agencies in Australia. This unit will critically examine the current policy frameworks informing work with communities as well as current practice models of community development and community engagement. The unit seeks to explore the why and how of work with communities. It will draw on an emerging Australian body of research about working with communities based in the community of Glebe. This unit is suitable for practitioners seeking to work more effectively with communities.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Human and Community Services
- Graduate Certificate in Policy Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in Policy Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Social Work
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of Policy Studies
- Master of Social Work
- Master of Social Work (Qualifying)
Further unit of study information
2x250wd blog postings (35%); 1x4000wd practice essay (45%); and class participation (20%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.