Sleep and Breathing III (SLEE5020)
UNIT OF STUDY
Aims: To understand the impact of respiratory disorders and diseases on sleep and breathing; to understand the principles of clinical management of these patients in the context of sleep medicine. Content: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD); neuromuscular disorders; restrictive lung disease; cystic fibrosis.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Graduate Certificate in Science in Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Graduate Diploma in Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Graduate Diploma in Science in Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Advanced) (Sleep Medicine)
- Master of Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
- Master of Science in Medicine (Advanced) (Sleep Medicine)
- Master of Science in Medicine (Sleep Medicine)
Further unit of study information
~4.5 hours online lectures over 1 semester plus directed reading and independent study
1xonline quiz (20%),1x1500word essay (30%), 1xexam (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.