Fundamentals of US Studies (USSC6901)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to the foundations of American politics, economics, society and culture, examining the interplay of major actors and ideas from these spheres. It will familiarise students with the variegated landscape of America through analysing contemporary issues using interactive approaches to learning. Students will survey how America's political framework either engages with or impedes social and economic actors and how these dynamics are reflected in and supported or undermined by the media and artistic expression.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in US Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in US Studies
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of US Studies
Further unit of study information
2x5-hr intensive classes weeks 1 and 2, 1x6-hr intensive week 3
class participation including journal (20%), learning portfolio (equivalent to 3000wds) (40%) and 1x3000wd research essay (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.