US Politics: Presidency and Congress (USSC6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will examine US domestic politics through analysing the federal structure and separation of powers within the American political system. This understanding will provide an appreciation of the porous nature of US political institutions, offering social actors a variety of venues and opportunities to influence political decision-making. It will examine the factors that make some arenas more open than others and strategies that groups and political actors take to secure or prise open those avenues for change.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in US Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in US Studies
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of US Studies
Further unit of study information
1x2000-2500wd major paper (45%), 1x2hr exam (45%) and class participation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.