US Media: Politics, Culture, Technology (USSC6920)
UNIT OF STUDY
This Unit will focus on media coverage of political campaigns and politics in America. It will look at the role of the media in American society in shaping debates and also the power of the American media globally. The impact of the internet on American journalism will be discussed as will the future of the media.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Certificate in US Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Strategic Public Relations
- Graduate Diploma in US Studies
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Strategic Public Relations
- Master of US Studies
Further unit of study information
Oral presentations (500 words) (15%), 3x online tasks (1500 words) (3x15%), 1x3000wd research paper (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.