Veterinary Epidemiology II (VETS7005)
UNIT OF STUDY
After completing Veterinary Epidemiology 2, students will be able to design an appropriate epidemiology study to investigate a specific research question, including: sampling procedure; data collection tools; database for data storage and manipulation; statistical procedures; methods to manage confounders, clustering and collinearity.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Animal Science
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Science
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health Management
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Studies
- Master of Animal Science
- Master of Veterinary Public Health
- Master of Veterinary Public Health Management
- Master of Veterinary Studies
Further unit of study information
Online (Sem 2, weeks 8 - 14)
Participation in online class (15%), Group assignment (35%), On-line quiz (10%), Individual assignment (40%).
Veterinary Epidemiologic Research Dohoo, I., Martin, W. and Stryhn, H. 2nd edition (2009) AVC, Canada
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
VETS7004 Veterinary Epidemiology 1
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.