Animal Health Policy Development (VETS7010)
UNIT OF STUDY
After studying the Principles of Animal Health Policy Development unit, students will be able to: Describe the structure and role of Australia's Veterinary Service; Outline the process of law making and policy development in relation to public health and animal health in Australia; Outline current policy issues relating to veterinary public health and animal health in Australia; Discuss strategies used to resolve conflicts among stakeholders and to address the economic, political, technical and social issues that may arise; Discuss the means whereby veterinary public health and animal health policy is monitored and enforced; Discuss evaluation and improvement strategies for animal health policy.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Animal Science
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Public Health Management
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Science
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health Management
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Studies
- Master of Animal Science
- Master of Veterinary Public Health
- Master of Veterinary Public Health Management
- Master of Veterinary Studies
Further unit of study information
Online (Semester 2 Weeks 1-7)
Semester 2, weeks 1-7) Assessment: Individual report (45%); Group report (40%); Participation (15%)
Colebatch HK. Policy. 3rd Edition 2009, Open University Press (McGraw-Hill) Policy Concepts in the Social Sciences series.
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.