Data Analysis for Policy Making (VETS7011)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this course, students will work with existing data. Issues of developing a study design will not be dealt with. students will however consider the impact of a particular study design on the interpretation of the data generated. after studying this unit students will be able to: identify potential sources of data and their strengths and weaknesses; identify and apply appropriate analytical and statistical methods for different purposes; analyse data using commonly available software programs; Identify and manage potential bias and confounding in data; describe and interpret the results of data analysis; incorporate the outcomes of data analysis in policy development.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Animal Science
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Public Health
- Graduate Certificate in Veterinary Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Animal Science
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Public Health Management
- Graduate Diploma in Veterinary Studies
- Master of Animal Science
- Master of Veterinary Public Health
- Master of Veterinary Public Health Management
- Master of Veterinary Studies
Further unit of study information
Online (Semester 2 Weeks 1-7)
Participation in weekly online discussions and learning activities (15%); individual assignment (85%)
Veterinary Epidemiology Thrusfield, M. 3E06, 2007 Blackwell Science, Oxford, UK.
Epidemiological Problem Solving. Sergeant ESG. Cameron A. Baldock FC 2004.
Survey Toolbox for Livestock Diseases. Cameron A. 1999 Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, Canberra.
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.