Italian Diction for Singers 1 (VSAO1008)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is designed to introduce the student to the symbols of the International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA). The student will apply knowledge of the IPA to the pronunciation of all sounds in the Italian language. There will be an emphasis on the practice of drills, IPA transcriptions and performance of Italian songs in class. On completion of this unit students should be able to identify and pronounce all symbols in the IPA for Italian.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
Continuous during semester (40%), oral and written exam (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.