German Diction for Singers 2 (VSAO2029)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this unit, the student will apply knowledge of the IPA to the pronunciation of all sounds in the German language with concentration specific to the language needs of singers. There will be an emphasis on the practice of drills, IPA transcriptions and performance of German songs in class. On completion of this unit students should be able to perform texts from German song repertoire with correct technical delivery whilst showing an understanding of the text.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
Continuous during semester (40%), oral and written examination (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
VSAO1008 and VSAO1009
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.