Saxophone Orchestra 8 (WIND4031)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will help to develop ensemble skills that are essential for saxophonists playing in any conducted ensemble. The aim of this series of units is that the saxophonist will learn how to follow a conductor, listen to others, learn how to blend with other saxophonists and be able to play in a variety of styles.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
2 hr rehearsal/wk
A final grade will be compiled from continual assessment of professional demeanour and ensemble skills demonstrated during rehearsals and performances (100%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.