Arguing the Point (WMST6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
This core unit of study aims to develop scholarly skills of research, writing and argumentation. Through the study of different examples of academic research, we will carefully draw out why and how certain research and argumentation strategies are privileged in different texts. We will also closely examine different genres of academic writing and different modes of research (including empirical research). The unit will encourage students to develop their own argumentation skills and research practices.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Doctor of Clinical Surgery
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Museum and Heritage Studies
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd outline/literature review (20%), 1x500wd in-Class presentation (10%) and 1x4000wd thesis chapter (70%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.