Arguing the Point (WMST6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit introduces students to some practices, methods, writing styles and forms of argumentation relevant to research in Gender and Cultural Studies. Through the study of different examples, students are encouraged to develop their own research practices and writing skills. The unit caters to students in the early stages of thesis conception and development. Students who have already begun writing their thesis will be encouraged to experiment with different ways of arguing and writing their research. Students who are just starting will have the opportunity to develop their ideas.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Doctor of Clinical Surgery
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in Museum and Heritage Studies
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of Museum and Heritage Studies
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd skills exercise (30%), 1x2000wd peer-learning task (30%), 1x2500wd long essay (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.