Management and Organisations (WORK5003)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit aims to introduce students to the nature and context of management. It explores the functions and processes of management and encourages students to critically reflect on management theory and practice. It can be taken as a standalone unit for students enrolled in various specialist masters programs and also prepares students for further study in strategic management, organisational analysis and strategy and human resource management.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Labour Law and Relations
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
1 x 3 hour seminar/tutorial per week
quiz (10%), assignment (20%), essay (35%), participation (10%), final exam (25%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.