International Industrial Relations (WORK6018)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides students with insights into the debate about the effect of globalisation on employment relations by using comparative analysis to identify the range of factors that account for similarities and difference in national patterns of industrial relations. The unit focuses on providing an understanding of the nature of industrial relations patterns in developed and developing market economies and invites students to compare a range of developments across these countries.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce
- Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations
- Master of Labour Law and Relations
- Master of Political Economy
Further unit of study information
Minor essay (10%), major essay (30%), seminar presentation (30%), final exam (30%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.