Accessing the database
- Who can access the database?
- Who advertises accommodation?
- Can I access the accommodation database before I arrive in Sydney?
- Where else can I search for a place to live?
Currently enrolled students can access the accommodation database. You will need your UniKey and password to login.
If you are not yet enrolled but have a letter of offer from the University, please come to our office and we will assist you.
If you are not yet enrolled but want to look for accommodation located near the University, see off-campus accommodation for a list of external search websites.
Students, ex-students, University staff and members of the public can advertise accommodation to rent. Before creating an advertisement on the database, advertisers must:
- agree to standards outlined in our Terms and Conditions
- ensure their listings are up-to-date and accurate.
- ensure that they will deal with students in accordance with the current Residential Tenancies Act and other relevant legislation relating to accommodation standards, rental agreements and bonds.
If you are already enrolled you can access the database, even if you live overseas or interstate. If you are not enrolled, you can search for properties in the external sites listed on the off-campus page, or contact us and we will try and assist you.
We strongly advise that you do not accept any accommodation until you have inspected the property yourself, so you will need to wait until you arrive in Sydney to do this.
Don’t forget, you should organise temporary accommodation for when you first arrive in Sydney so you have somewhere to stay while you look for a more permanent place to live.
You can use the accommodation search sites listed on the off-campus page to look for a place to live. You may also get better search results by using our tips for searching the database. If you are having trouble finding any suitable accommodation, please visit us and speak to an Accommodation Officer for additional assistance.