Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
- Want to do well at university?
- Need effective ways to cope with emotions?
- Need more skills for calming your mind?
Learn new ways of coping with distress to improve well-being and enhance your performance at university.
Content of this Workshop
This workshop series will focus on helping you learn how to better navigate your emotions and develop better coping tools for stress. The 6-week course, consisting of 2-hour weekly classes, will introduce the concept of stress-surfing, mindfulness skills, and how to navigate distressing emotions. If you are feeling pressured and stressed, or just want to learn a new skill that can enhance your life, this workshop series is for you!
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Increased understanding of Acceptance and Mindfulness approaches to well-being
- Improved ability to cope with stress
- Increased self-awareness
Benefits for students:
- Stress reduction
- Improved focus
- Increased cognitive flexibility
- Increased productivity
Tuesday 24 March, 12 - 2pm (for 6 weeks excluding mid-semester break) at CAPS reception (Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building)