Even the most successful people experience setbacks. However, own thinking patterns can either undermine or contribute to your ability to effectively navigate the impact of anything from small disruptive hiccups to full scale hurricanes on our lives. Learn about the strategies that help you maximise your performance at university by understanding how your brain learns, how your thinking can work for or against you, and how to create the right mindset for success!
Content of the workshop
In this workshop you will first learn how the brain learns and how to harness the brain’s capacities. Next, you will identify whether you have a growth or fixed mindset and the implications of your mindset for both your academic and long term success. You will also learn practical strategies to ensure what you say and what you do result in winning attitudes this semester!
By the end of the workshop you will have:
- Improved ability to understand how to enhance the functioning of your brain
- Identified whether you have a fixed or growth mindset
- Learned skills to develop a growth mindset
Benefits for students:
- Improved flexibility
- Increased openness to feedback and criticism
- More effective problem-solving skills
Thursday 27 August, 1 - 2pm at CAPS reception (Level 5, Jane Foss Russell Building)