Alternative formats

Disability Services can arrange for study material, including exam papers, to be provided in an alternative format if your disability makes reading standard text difficult. You may require a text change (font type or size), a paper colour change, or a format change (hardcopy, softcopy, audio, braille).

Production of materials in an alternative format may require coordination between publishers and academic staff, and can take some time to organise. Students requiring alternative formats are encouraged to enrol early and contact Disability Services well before semester starts to begin the conversion process.

Students requiring conversion of texts and readers are required to show proof of purchase (receipt) before access to an alternative format can be provided.