How to enrol

Enrolment is the process by which you secure your place in a course and choose your subjects for the coming semester or year. Once you've enrolled, you are officially a student of the University of Sydney.

Before you log in to the online enrolment system, follow Step 1: prepare and plan below to ensure you have everything you need to complete your enrolment.

Returning to your course after a break?

Your faculty will contact you with details on what you need to do and how to enrol.

3 steps to enrol


Prepare and plan

Go through an enrolment checklist, plan your studies, and activate your UniKey (your login for all University systems) and student email.


Enrol online

Log in to Sydney Student and complete the online part of your enrolment, including registering your units of study and applying for credit. When you are ready, submit your enrolment.


Final steps

Now you are enrolled, get your student card, timetable and course equipment. Arrange how you pay your fees and, most importantly, make sure you understand your responsibilities.

Assistance and support

If you are using assistive technology and have difficulty using the online enrolment system, we can help you complete your enrolment on campus. Please contact us:

Find a computer

Computers are available across campus, which you can use to access Sydney Student and enrol online. Find a computer.