Selecting units of study
- Use your course handbook to select your units of study.
- Select VIEW in the relevant collection and search for the unit. You can either search the entire unit code e.g PSYCH1001, the first part of the code e.g PSYCH or just search without anything in the search field to bring up all units available in that collection.
- Once you have found the unit, select the ADD button next to it. This unit should then be visible in ‘Your units of study’ on the right-hand side of the screen.
- If you want to remove a unit that you have added, you can select the trashcan symbol next to it.
- Once you have selected all the units you wish to enrol in, select CONTINUE.
- You will then need to confirm your units on the final units of study confirmation page.
Special permission and departmental permission
If you wish to apply for special permission you will need to first complete your unit of study selection and the enrolment task. Then you can log in to the portal and select ‘My Studies’, ‘Units of Study’ and then ‘Other Options’. Here you can make a request for special permission to be assessed by the faculty.
More information on special permission can be found in our database of frequently asked questions: Ask Sydney.
If you need departmental permission to enrol in a unit, you will be prompted to apply for this during the unit of study selection task.
During the unit of study selection task, there are certain conditions that may prevent you from being able to select a unit. In this instance, an error message will display and you will be unable to select that unit.
Please see your course handbook for more information on these rules.
Changing your timetable
When you have completed your units of study selection, you will be able to access your new timetable through MyUni.
Please note that if you would like to vary your timetable you do not need to reselect units of study.
Instead you can select ‘Recollect New Timetable’ to collect a new timetable or ‘Customise My Existing Timetable’ to block out periods of time that you are unavailable.
Timetables for Semester 1 2015 will be available in mid-February.
Please see the Timetable Unit website for more information.