What is an Academic Transcript?
An academic transcript is an official record of all study undertaken at the University of Sydney and/or the amalgamated colleges. The transcript includes yearly enrolment details (including any current enrolment), units of study, unit of study codes, results achieved (including fail grades or units discontinued after the census date), and course completion or conferral details. Transcripts are only available in hard copy.
New Academic Transcript stationery
We have worked together with Hague Document Security to develop new stationery for our official (external) Academic Transcript.
Apart from improvement of the appearance of these official documents, the stationery incorporates the added security features:
- secure and personalised Sydney University logo hologram
- controlled watermarked paper
- innovative and highly secure ink
- verifiable numbering matrices
- security infilling
Certificates of graduate status
If you have already attended a graduation ceremony you can obtain a certificate of graduate status. This is an official statement which shows only your degree name and your graduation date. No units of study or results are included. This document is not the same as your degree certificate (testamur). For information about replacing a lost or damaged testamur, see replacement testamurs.
How do I order my transcript?
If you studied at the University of Sydney from 1981 onwards, academic transcripts and certificates of graduate status are available on-the-spot (photo ID required) from:
- The Student Centre, Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Building, Darlington Campus
(9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- Student Central Enquiry Counter, Cumberland Campus, do not issue transcripts "on the spot". However, students can pick up transcripts at the Student Centre, Darlington Campus.
If you are unable to attend in person, or if you were first enrolled before 1981 or at an amalgamated college, you must lodge the following:
- a Request for Academic Transcript form; and
- a specimen (photocopy) of your signature as it appears on a document of personal identification (eg a driver's licence or passport). This can be any document that required a 100 point ID check to obtain.
- University of Sydney records from 1981 onwards - 3 to 5 days
- Records prior to 1981 - up to 3 weeks
- Records from an amalgamated college - up to 3 weeks *
Please note that you must also allow for mailing time.
One copy - $15.00
Two copies - $20.00
Additional copies if ordered at the same time - $10.00 each
Standard post (within Australia) for more than one delivery address - $1.00 per additional addressed envelope
Standard airmail post (outside of Australia) for more than one delivery address - $3.00 per additional addressed envelope
Express Post (within Australia) - $8.00
Express Courier International (outside of Australia) - $55.00 for up to 500g
*You may choose to combine your order, eg request one Academic Transcript and one Certificate of Graduate Status for the $20.00 fee.
For return of academic transcript request forms
Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Bldg, G02
University of Sydney NSW 2006
Fax: +61 2 8627 8284
If you have any queries or require additional information please contact us.