Forms for graduation

Use the following forms to change your personal details (which are printed on your testamur at graduation), to graduate in absentia and to get a replacement testamur or academic transcript.

Type of form Usage
Change of personal details (PDF, 279KB)

Use this form if your name or other details have changed. You must provide certified evidence of your correct name at least ten working days before your ceremony.

You can either present original documentation at the Student Centre or post a photocopy certified by a Justice of the Peace or other qualified person as a true copy of the original. Faxed copies are not accepted. 

If you bring your original documentation into the Student Centre, please advise them if your graduation ceremony is within the following 3 weeks to ensure prompt processing.  If we receive your documentation within 10 days of your ceremony you will be charged for a replacement testamur and transcript.

Graduating in absentia (PDF, 41KB)

 You can nominate to graduate In Absentia at the earliest date possible and have your documents posted out to the address nominated in your MyUni account. The graduations office confers degrees monthly, which means you will receive your testamur at an earlier date (before your scheduled graduation ceremony).  If you choose to have your degree conferred at the earliest date possible, you need to be aware that you will not appear in a graduation program.

NOTE: The conditions of applying to Graduate In Absentia will mean that you cannot attend a Graduation Ceremony at a later date in Sydney. You are, however, more than welcome to attend an Overseas Graduation Ceremony.

Replacement testamur (PDF, 176KB)

The Graduations Office can arrange to have a replacement testamur issued when the original has been irretrievably lost or destroyed. Your request must include a Statutory Declaration (contained within the form) affirming loss or destruction of the original testamur. Please note you are only permitted to have one original copy of each testamur.

A payment of A$95 is required for each testamur being collected or posted within Australia. For testamurs being posted abroad, the cost is A$120. Payment can be made by credit card, cheque or money order (made payable to the University of Sydney). You can also pay by cash if submitting your application form in person at the Student Centre.

Replacement academic transcript or Certificate of Graduate Status (PDF, 332KB)

An academic transcript is an offical record of your studies. It includes all units of study attempted, the grade and mark achieved, and completion details (if applicable).

You may also purchase a Certificate of Graduate Status. This is an official statement which lists the degree/s you have completed and the graduation date/s. No units of study or academic results are included.