If you are eligible to graduate you will be sent an invitation to your University of Sydney student email account (yourUniKey@uni.sydney.edu.au) approximately four weeks before your ceremony date. Your student email is a permanent link to the University and will not expire even after you graduate.
For an indication of when your graduation ceremony will take place please consult the Graduation Schedule.
The e-invitation will address relevant information regarding your graduation ceremony including:
- Number of guest tickets allocated to each graduand. Additional guest tickets are not available
- Details of your award (including class of award, majors and specialisations)
- Ceremony location, date and time.
What do I do with my invitation?
After receiving your invitation please follow the instructions to RSVP. You are required to RSVP regardless of whether you plan to attend your ceremony.
During the RSVP process you will be able to declare certain requirements, these include:
- the preferred pronunciation of your name, eg Xiaolei Huang = Shee-ow–lai Hwang
- specific access or priority seating due to illness or disability, eg wheelchair access
- dietary requirements, eg nut allergies, gluten free food.
What do I do if I can't make my graduation?
If you are unable to attend your graduation ceremony you are still required to RSVP. As part of this process you may nominate your preference between having your graduation documents posted to a specific address, or collecting them from the Student Centre.
PLEASE NOTE: If you cannot attend your ceremony and have not informed us of your preference, your graduation documents will be posted to the address nominated on your MyUni account by default. Prior to your graduation ceremony please ensure all details on your MyUni account are up-to-date.