The Graduations Office can arrange to have a replacement testamur issued when the original has been irretrievably lost or destroyed. Your request must include a Statutory Declaration affirming loss or destruction of the original testamur. Please note you are only permitted to have one original copy of each testamur.
If you require an alternative document confirming your qualification(s), you may instead like to purchase an Academic Transcript or Certificate of Graduate Status (pdf).
To apply for a replacement testamur, you will need to complete an Application for a Replacement Testamur and Statutory Declaration form (pdf).
You can obtain further information regarding statutory declarations(pdf).
How much does it cost?
A payment of A$95 is required for each testamur being collected or posted within Australia. For testamurs being posted abroad, the cost is A$120.
Payment can be made by credit card, cheque, or money order (made payable to the University of Sydney). You can also pay by cash if submitting your application form in person at the Student Centre.
When will I receive my replacement testamur?
Replacement testamurs are printed and sent by Registered Post (you may have a proxy collect the testamur for you, but you must notify the Graduations Office of their full name and the proxy must supply proof of identity).
Please note the following:
- If you still have the original testamur – regardless of its condition - it must be returned to the Graduations Office with your application. If returning a damaged testamur, you are not required to complete the statutory declaration section of the application form.
- If you are applying from outside Australia, you should - instead of the statutory declaration - make a similar sworn statement that is signed by a public notary or equivalent.
- The original, signed forms must be sent to the Graduations Office before your request can be processed. Faxed or emailed forms will not be accepted.
- The statutory declaration must be signed by an appropriate authority.
- Your name on the testamur will appear as it is listed on the University’s database. If you wish to change your name beforehand, complete and submit a change of personal details form(pdf).
- The replacement testamur printed will be printed in the present style, and will state ‘Replacement testamur’ in small print in the bottom right-hand corner.
Post your completed forms to:
Level 3, Jane Foss Russell Bldg, G02
University of Sydney NSW 2006
If you have any further queries contact us on +61 2 8627 8223 or by email: .