The World is Your Campus
1:00 minutes Download video (mp4, 4.77 Mb)
The University of Sydney offers you some amazing opportunities to travel the world, all while studying your degree! One of the University of Sydney's strategic goals is to provide you with the opportunities to develop as global citizens. We provide you with various pathways to achieve this goal.
Through the International Exchange Program, and other overseas study opportunities, you can study overseas and enrich your Sydney course by adding a global perspective, gaining a broader view of the world and of a new outlook of Australia.
Most courses will allow to spend part of your studies overseas. Some even require you to study overseas - Bachelor of Arts and Languages; Bachelor of International and Global Studies - or at least, strongly encourage you to do so - International Agriculture Specialisation.
Numerous exchange alumni have found that the experience has improved their career prospects, showing employers the advantage of the generic skills gained whilst living abroad, such as independence, improved communication and negotiation skills, amongst many others.
This website is your hands-on tool to learn more about the International Exchange Program. Alternatively attend one of our Exchange Information Sessions held during semester or email an Exchange Adviser .
Last, but not least, for a "fly on the wall" perspective, read about the adventures of current and past exchange students on the Sydney Life blogs.
With over 300 exchange partners in 35 countries, there is sure to be a destination that will suit your academic and personal interests!
If the opportunities International Exchange Program options are not enough to whet your appetite, you may find something suitable in any of the following programs run by various faculty and departments around the university. Some are partially-funded with grants and scholarships. Others are on a full-fee paying basis. Some students may be eligible for OS-HELP loans. All provide the chance to receive credit for studies undertaken overseas.
- ACICIS Australian Consortium for "In-Country" Indonesian Studies (refer to Indonesian Studies for more information)
- Business International Industry Placement Program (Business students only)
- Chinese Studies Intensive In-Country Study Options at Peking University and Fudan University (refer to Chinese Studies for more information)
- FHS Abroad (refer to Faculty of Health Science for more information)
- Sydney Law School Off-Shore Opportunities (Law students only)
- SSEAC Sydney Southeast Asia Centre Field Schools (providing interdisciplinary study opportunities throughout Southeast Asia)
- US Studies Centre Study Abroad and Internship Programs (providing options for students from various disciplines)
"I made friends at the most fun company (Apple) in the world. Now I live again in Santa Cruz and have joined their team, on their most exciting technologies. What more is left to be said?'
- Simon Goldrei, Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced) Honours, University of California, Santa Cruz, USA