Cadigal Alternative Entry Program
APPLICATIONS FOR 2015 ARE NOW OPEN
The Cadigal Alternative Entry Program is an access and support program for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who want to study at the University of Sydney. Any course offered by the University (excluding block-mode and away-from-base courses) can be studied through the Cadigal Program.
Applicants need to be in one of the following two categories:
- people under 21 years of age who have completed the NSW Higher School Certificate or an equivalent examination (HSC applicants);
- people over 21 years of age (mature-age applicants).
Applications for the Cadigal Program must be submitted to the Cadigal Officer at Student Support Services or Yooroang Garang. Please ensure you submit your application via email and ALL REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION by this date.
Applicants must also submit a UAC application showing preferred courses at the University of Sydney.
Students admitted under the Cadigal Program may be offered one of two pathways:-
1. Cadigal Alternative Entry Pathway (Semester 1 and 2)
Enrolment with a full-time course load or a reduced load.
2. Cadigal Reduced Load (Pemulwuy) Pathway (only available 1st Semester)
Enrolment into two subjects (determined by the faculty) and a unit of Academic Skills per semester in one of the following three degrees:-
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Bachelor of Health Sciences
Students admitted under the Cadigal Program are also required to attend the Cadigal Orientation and Academic Skills Workshops.
Application form (Complete the one form for consideration into both pathways)
- Cadigal Program application form (PDF 265 KB)
- Eligibility Step by Step Application Process (PDF 136KB)
- Koori Centre Confirmation of Aboriginality Policy (PDF 112KB)
For Cadigal Program enquiries and further information please contact:
Natasha Harrison, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student Support Officer
Location: Level 5
Jane Foss Russell Building, G02
The University of Sydney NSW 2006
Telephone: 02 8627 8619
Fax: 02 8627 8482