Contemporary Infection Control: State of the Art
|Date:||Saturday 6 July 2013|
|Time:||9:00am - 5:00pm (Registration from 8:30am) - includes full day's catering|
|Venue:||Novotel Sydney Central, 169-179 Thomas Street, Haymarket (Formerly Citigate Central)|
$425 Dental Hygienist/Therapist/Prostetist/Auxiliary
$245 Dental Assistant/Nurse
|Audience:||Dentists/Dental Hygienist/Therapist/Prostetist/Auxiliaries/Dental Nurses/Nurses|
This one day course provides an overview of key areas in infection control in which there have been significant changes in recent years. The impact of the national guideline from ADA Inc, changes to the NH&MRC/CDNA guidelines from 2010, and the impact of national registration in July 2010 on infection control requirements will be a particular theme running through the day’s program.
This course is suitable for all members of the dental team. It will be of particular benefit to dentists, dental auxiliaries, dental prosthetists and dental assistants who have not undertaken a recent Infection Control course, and who wish to update their knowledge of infection control issues.
- Disease trends for infectious diseases of concern to dentistry
- Risk-based precautions
- Recent developments in handcare practices
- Performance assessment of dental masks and respirators
- Comprehensive sharps injury protocol and post-exposure prophylaxis
- Biofilm reduction strategies and microbial assessment of dental unit water
- Simplified management of endodontic instruments
- Efficiency-based measures to improve workflow in instrument reprocessing and patient changeover
- Features and correct operation of pre-vacuum autoclaves
- Batch identification of instruments (instrument tracking)
- Analysis of failures in infection control – lessons from recent incidents of practice
- Requirements for autoclave record keeping
- Protocols for the use of chemical and biological indicators
Attendance at this course may assist with the assessment in the MRACDS examination. The RACDS does not endorse any specific course or institution as the provider of all information required to successfully complete a MRACDS module.