Operating Microscope in Endodontic Practice
Monday 14 and Tuesday 15 August 2017
This two-day course is designed for postgraduate endodontic students and other specialists who wish to enhance their use of the operating microscope.
The clinical exercises will demonstrate the use of the microscope in routine endodontic treatment, re-treatment and surgical endodontics. Everyone will receive notes, a reading list and technical information about the microscopes.
- Postgraduate endodontic students from Australia may be eligible for an educational grant from the Australian Society of Endodontology (Inc.) to attend the course. Postgraduate students should contact the ASE Councilor in their state for further details.
- Postgraduate students in New Zealand may be eligible for a study grant from the Australian and New Zealand Academy of Endodontists. Please contact the Academy via email for details, and .
Day One - Routine Endodontics and Re-treatment Cases
The enhanced magnification and illumination provided by the dental operating microscope can be applied to many clinical situations.
The microscope is particularly useful in endodontics for identifying cracks, finding calcified and additional canals, removing posts and broken instruments and repairing perforations. The first day of this course is designed to develop and enhance those microscopic skills.
The subjects to be covered include:
- Adjusting and par focaling the microscope
- Access cavities, canal location, instrumentation and obturation exercises
- The role of ultrasonics
- Post removal exercises
- Broken instrument removal exercises
- Dentist, assistant and patient positioning for optimum results
- Documentation and patient education
Day Two - Endodontic Microsurgery
This second day of this course will be devoted to all aspects of microsurgical endodontics. The program is a mixture of tutorials and hands-on practical exercises on extracted teeth and specially designed models for periapical surgery. All the exercises will be carried out using the microscope.
The topics to be covered include:
- Patient, dentist and assistant positioning for optimum effectiveness and comfort in the surgical environment
- Effective utilization of the chair side assistants
- Diagnosis and case selection
- Anaesthesia and pain control
- Flap design
- Management of hard and soft tissues
- Microsurgical instrument selection and usage
- Ultrasonic root-end preparations
- Root end filling techniques
- Suturing choices and techniques
- Management of post-operative symptoms
- Documentation of surgical procedures
Intent to Attend
This is a limited attendance course so please click the following link to email Continuing Education in Dentistry to register your intent to attend by 1 March 2017.
Intent to Attend Microscope Course
|Operating Microscope in Endodontic Practice|
|Format:||Lectures & Hands-on|
|Date:||Monday 14 & Tuesday 15 August 2017|
Registration from 8:00am, start at 8.30am - concluding at 5pm - includes full day's catering
|Venue:||ADA Centre for Professional Development, 71-73 Lithgow Street, St Leonards, NSW 2065|
Endodontist full fee
This course is open to specialists and Postgraduate Endodontic students.
|To register:||To register click this link|