Operating Microscope in Endodontic Practice
Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 June 2016
This two-day course is designed for postgraduate endodontic students and other specialists who wish to enhance their use of the operating microscope. While the clinical exercises will demonstrate the use of the microscope in routine endodontic treatment, re-treatment and surgical endodontics, the skills learned will have broad application in other specialty areas.
Postgraduate endodontic students may be eligible for an educational grant from the Australian Society of Endodontology (Inc.) to attend the course. Postgraduate students should contact the ASE Councilor in their state for further details.
During both days of this course a team approach with the dental chair side assistant will be emphasized. Everyone will receive notes, a reading list and technical information about the microscopes.
Day One - Routine Endodontics and Re-treatment Case
The enhanced magnification and illumination provided by the dental operating microscope can be applied to many clinical situations, ranging from the inspection of crown preparations to endodontic, periodontic and oral surgery procedures.
The microscope is particularly useful in endodontics for identifying cracks, finding calcified and additional canals, removing posts and broken instruments and repairing perforations. The first day of this course is designed to develop and enhance those microscopic skills. The subjects to be covered include:
- Adjusting and par focaling the microscope
- Access cavities, canal location, instrumentation and obturation exercises
- The role of ultrasonics
- Post removal exercises
- Broken instrument removal exercises
- Dentist, assistant and patient positioning for optimum results
- Documentation and patient education
Day Two - Endodontic Microsurgery
This second day of this course will be devoted to all aspects of microsurgical endodontics. The program is a mixture of tutorials and hands-on practical exercises on extracted teeth and specially designed models for periapical surgery. All the exercises will be carried out using the microscope. The topics to be covered include:
- Patient, dentist and assistant positioning for optimum effectiveness and comfort in the surgical environment
- Effective utilization of the chair side assistants
- Diagnosis and case selection
- Anaesthesia and pain control
- Flap design
- Management of hard and soft tissues
- Microsurgical instrument selection and usage
- Ultrasonic root-end preparations
- Root end filling techniques
- Suturing choices and techniques
- Management of post-operative symptoms
- Documentation of surgical procedures
Intent to Attend
This is a limited attendance course so please click the following link to email Continuing Education in Dentistry to register your intent to attend by 1 March 2016.
Intent to Attend Microscope Course
|Format:||Lectures & Hands-on|
|Date:||Tuesday 14, Wednesday 15 & Thursday 16 June 2016|
Tuesday 1:00-5:00pm Wednesday & Thursday 8:00am-5:00pm
|Venue:||Sydney Dental Hospital, 2 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010|
Endodontist full fee
This course is open to specialists and Postgraduate Endodontic students.
|To register:||To register click this link|