The 2015 Orthodontics Series
Overview: Orthodontics 2015 - a series of three coordinated courses
An increasing number of dentists are incorporating orthodontics into their practices. This is a series of three coordinated courses designed with those dentists in mind. They are spread over a period of time to allow meaningful, clinical hands-on experience to be gained. This format of the Continuing Education Orthodontics Series is unique and is not offered anywhere else in Australia.
- "These are the only hospital-based courses in Australia run by university academic staff where participants are actively involved with patient treatment" Professor Ali M Darendeliler
Course participants are assigned patients to manage under the supervision of University appointed tutors. Participants maintain full orthodontic records and prepare their treatment plans in a group seminar situation.
At the clinical sessions participants will have the opportunity to place fixed appliances and manage cases, through to the removal of fixed appliances and the fitting of retainers. Participants will also see orthodontic patients on review and in retention from previous course participants.
2015 dates have now been released for Orthodontics 1 and Orthodontics 2. Please refer to the course pages for further information.
If have any questions about our Orthodontics program please contact Continuing Education in Dentistry on 02 9351 8348 or send an email to Orthodontics 2015 Enquiry
The Orthodontics program is structured as three coordinated courses
Orthodontics 1 - Pre-requiste for Ortho 2 or standalone refresher
For orthodontic treatment to be successful at any level, it is essential to have a basic understanding of normal growth and development of the dento-facial complex and to possess the skills to recognise developing malocclusion. More information
Orthodontics 2 - a unique course combining theory and practice
This course is both clinical and theoretical with chair-side sessions, lectures and seminars. The Orthodontics course is unique as it is the only hospital based course run by university academic staff. Each of the monthly sessions consists of morning lectures and practical sessions with patient treatment in the afternoon. More information.
Orthodontics 3 - further enhance your knowledge
This course is both clinical and theoretical with chair-side sessions, lectures and seminars. This course is designed to allow those who have completed Orthodontics 2to further pursue and apply the presented treatment philosophies. More information.
The course is delivered by some of the most experienced orthodontic specialists in Australia and include:
- M. Ali Darendeliler, BDS, PhD, Cert Ortho, Dip Ortho, Priv Doc (TR), Priv Doc (Ge), MRACDS, (Course Facilitator for the Orthodontics Series). Professor Darendelilier is the Chair of Orthodontics for the University of Sydney
- Joe Geenty, BDS, MDS (Course Facilitator for Orthodontics 1)
- Alexandra Papadopoulou, DDS, Specilized Oral Surgeon-Implantologist, Specialized Orthodontist, MSc, PhD (Course Facilitator for Orthodontics 2 and 3)
- Ray Te Moananui]], BDS, MDS (Otago) MOrthRCS(Edin) MRACDS(Orth) Registered Specialist Orthodontist
- Morris Rapaport BDS, MDSc Orthodontist
- Nour Eldin Tarrff, BDS, MDSc, MRACDS (Ortho), MOrth RCDSed